Welcome back to school and an exciting Fall full of activities at Talbot Run. Our fall lesson program has begun and classes are filling up. Be sure to let us know if you would like to join us – you can join at any time!
Talbot Run has been chosen to be a Maryland Equine Experience Center – we will be working with the Maryland Department of Agriculture to promote the Horse Industry in Maryland!
Pony Club members are saluting at X at the Capital Region Dressage Rally on September 7. Good luck girls!
This September we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary at Talbot Run. Attached you will find a calendar of activities you can participate in to help us celebrate. We hope to see you at our BBQ on September 13!
Jumping Clinic with Beth Pickett is September 14. Beth is a highly respected trainer in our area and we are lucky to have her at TREC to work on jumping with our clients. Registration is on clipboard near blackboard beside the ring. Space is limited so sign up soon.
Due to popular demand – September is a repeat – Bring a Friend to your Lesson Month. Your friend will have an opportunity to sit with the instructor and watch your lesson and hop on for a 5 to 10 minute ride at the end. Please let us know in advance if you have a friend who would like to come. No repeats please!:) We are hoping to introduce a lot of new friends to riding as part of our Equine Experience Program! Every friend and rider will receive a ticket for an end of the month lottery for a free lesson session. Mary G. was our winner for June.
We are having an introductory riding experience for Homeschoolers on September 4 and 5. Please let your friends know if they are interested.
Thank you to our mighty working students for all their help during camp this summer and endless birthday parties. We really appreciate it! You are the best!
Fall Show Opportunities at TREC
Iron Bridge Horse Trials:
- October 4, 2014
- Great Intro to Eventing
- Required Cross country school September 25 – $50 including trailer.
- Cost – $85 entry/$70 for trailering and coaching/$15 Horse Rental
Maryland Horse Trial (recognized)
- October 11-12
- Cost $185 plus trailering and coaching per Robin
Free State Horse Show
- October 18
- Hunter Jumper Fun for all riders interested in showing.
- $75 to $100 per rider – 3 classes at $12 each, $15 for Horse use, $50 trailering (may be split), $20 coaching – Space limited!
- Mandatory Practice – October 3 to get ready. – $30
Combined Test –Talbot Run
- October 26
- Dressage Test and Jumping
- Elementary walk trot and poles through 2’6
- Everyone who rides independently
- Cost – $40 per entry ($35 for Pony Club), $15 Horse Rental, $20 coaching
Schooling Dressage Show – Celebration Farm
- November 2
- Great First Dressage experience
- $25 per test plus $20 trailering and $30 coaching
Maryland Horse Trial (unrecognized)
- November 9
- Eventing Test
- $110 entry plus $90 trailering and coaching